National Sales Manager
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Vice-President of Sales
The National Sales Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle from sales strategy, profitability goals, marketing, customer planning, and sales calls to a pre-defined group of customers. The National Sales Manager serves as the primary contact between the company and the customer.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Develop and ensure implementation of accurate yearly sales plan/forecast.
- Regularly report on overall sales plan performance, budget compliance and market conditions.
- Meet and exceed annual sales and profitability plan by customer.
- Manage customer expectations & clearly communicate cross-functionally within the company.
- Manage Duncan and customer timelines, deadlines, and lead-times to maximize sales opportunities while meeting company profitability standards
- Category management through sales data analysis and recommendations that identify sales opportunities, forecast management, and minimizes financial exposure to the company
- Maximize product sell through by identifying and managing customer ad schedules and marketing activities
- Obtain and build new accounts and categories in existing customers.
- All other duties as assigned in support of the future growth and success of Duncan Enterprises.
- Negotiate customer contracts, returns and allowances in accordance with corporate profitability guidelines.
- Obtain sales growth for Duncan while being a champion of Duncan’s Guiding Principles and mission statement.
- Demonstrated communications skills – written and oral
- Ability to clearly communicate product features and benefits to each retailer based on their specific consumer base and needs
- Strong analytical skills relative to sales analysis, margin and profitability tracking and reporting.
- Proven track record of achieving or beating established sales and profitability goals.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer requirements to the company
- Implement forward-thinking strategies aimed at developing and improving customer retention and satisfaction
- Proven track record of being successful working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick accurate decisions while keeping the customer in mind and what is best for Duncan.
- Strong negotiating and sales skills, ability to close the deal.
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Driver personality
- Able to balance internal and external customer needs
- Ability to create a win-win for the customer and company
- Positive, professional communicator
- Highly motivated and ability to motivate others
- Ability to negotiate
- Confident, organized and strive for excellence
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Five or more years’ experience in senior outside sales representation with international and retail chains in DIY, craft or other consumer goods markets.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have a BS degree in Business with emphasis in Sales or Marketing.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS
- Professional Sales Skills or comparable training courses
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
Microsoft Excel & Word
Sales Data analysis software
- Business Analysis Reporting
- Category Captain & Customer POS systems
- Hands-on Product Training
- Sales Strategy Document Process/New Product
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- General office environment
- Required to regularly sit, stand, and walk
- Vision and hearing to operate computer
- Ability to travel 15% of the time (may include international travel)
- Basic ergonomic considerations
- General safe work practices in an office or telework environment