Senior Web Designer
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL
The Senior Web Designer will uphold Duncan’s Vision Framework in all actions and endeavors relating to the online needs of our brand and ecommerce website presence. The Senior Web Designer will ideate engaging and effective website and microsite concepts, create navigation wireframes, build front-end designs and collaborate with our programming partners to successfully launch, grow and maintain the sites.
This position will also contribute to various marketing campaigns via timely home page updates, microsites, landing pages, web banners, email marketing campaigns, affiliate program assets and more to continually engage and improve on consumer engagement and conversions. Primary sites for our Crafts, Cosmetics and Ceramics businesses include: aleenes.com, tulipcolor.com, tiedyeyoursummer.com, mycolorshot.com, tattoojunkee.com, liquecosmetics.com, duncanceramics.com, chesapeakeceramics.com, duncan.com and others.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Ability to be a creative conceptual thinker, disciplined in design aesthetics and technically fluent in web design and front end development.
- Energetically collaborate with a variety of teams, including brand, marketing, creative and IT.
- Continually monitor best practices to deploy improved content categorization, site navigation structure and user flow for site builds, ecommerce conversion rate improvements and ongoing site improvements.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing properties and make constructive suggestions for change to engage and improve mobile and desktop experiences.
- Ability to quickly create site wireframes and conceptualize visual design solutions based on knowledge of user experience and design principles (including layout, color selection and typography, clean site navigation, mobile efficiencies and engagement principles).
- Utilize insights from research and SEO/Promotions analytics to form new design solutions and site engagement improvements. Incorporate feedback with precision to ensure sites are engaging, functional and effective.
- Work effectively with freelance team of web designers and programmers for overall workflow, design updates and improvements, and promotion builds on sites.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills both within immediate work team (Digital Content Specialist, eCommerce & Search Marketing Analyst, Programmer, Art Director) and across broader cross-functional teams (Brand Managers, Business Unit Directors, IT).
- Strong knowledge of online color and design trends, innovations, website compliance standards and applications.
- Strong command of design and web software programs, NOP commerce and asp.net platforms.
- Experience managing e-commerce websites.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for web functionality and user interface design.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to create effective online design campaigns and initiatives.
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must be self-motivated, positive, results-oriented and energetic.
- Must be responsible, proactive and accountable.
- Must have acute attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Must be a team player, both in builds and reviews.
- Must be able to deliver and accept feedback.
- Must be able to multitask and adapt content in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of website design and ecommerce experience
- Bachelor Degree in Web Design & Development
- Supervisor experience preferred
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- nopCommerce ASP.net
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Workfront Project Management Software
- Portfolio Digital Assets Management System
- FTP/Dropbox for file transfer
- Server file structure/maintenance
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office environment.
- Ergonomic awareness.
- Sitting, standing or walking for long periods of time.