DCS Customer Service Associate
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Duncan Ceramic Supply Manager
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
• Become an expert in product application to facilitate sales of Duncan Ceramic and Craft products.
• Process walk-in sales transactions accurately by completing forms and operating calculator and computerized cash register.
• Implement the visual merchandising presentation within DCCS.
• Maintain working knowledge of files and records used in sales transactions.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships by providing outstanding customer service and ensuring that our customers have a great experience.
• Make deliveries throughout designated areas and promote sales while in contact with customers.
• Pull, package and ship orders and maintain a log on orders shipped.
• Prepare equipment repair estimates and quote approved estimates to customers.
• Maintain a proper inventory of all kilns, accessories and equipment, clays, chemicals and Duncan merchandise. Order merchandise with management approval.
• Receive, verify and document incoming shipments of merchandise.
• Assist DCS Manager in developing new accounts to help grow the business.
• Sell new and existing products to help meet established sales goals.
• Unload and stock merchandise as required.
• Promote and lead Ceramic events for internal and external customers.
• Provide support to the DCS Supply Manger in their absence.
• Perform additional duties as directed or required.
- Mathematical skills, Calculator skills, and Customer Service skills.
- Knowledge of how to read and understand a bill of lading (BOL).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior job experience in working in a customer-focused business, retail sales, warehouse.
- Prior digital marketing experience preferred.
- Ceramics and Craft product experience preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current driver’s license
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office, Retail Store and Warehouse environment.
- Occasional forklift traffic/noise.
- Not sensitive to working around occasional dust/dirt in work space.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear (100% of the time).
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee will need to regularly lift at least 40 pounds (up to 20% of the day). Ability to be part of a team lift on items that weigh between 50 and 100 pounds (5% of the day).