Media Production Specialist I
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE STUDIO MANAGER
The media production specialist will support the Duncan media team through the coordination, capture and processing of photography and the production and editing of compelling video deliverables.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Participate in ideation meetings and interpret creative objectives, review trends and prepare concepts for all media requests.
- Prepare and execute scripts, shot lists and/or storyboards for photography and video.
- Independently manage and complete media requests from initial phase to final delivery with minimal supervision.
- Capture accurate product, step-out and lifestyle photography as assigned.
- Artfully produce, direct, shoot and edit DIY and social media video maintaining appropriate lighting, framing and accurate sound as well as rigorously manipulate footage through color correction and enhancement.
- Process photography RAW images using various software with excellent color accuracy, informed cropping, resizing, retouching, clipping paths as required and file conversion and management that includes accurate naming and archiving.
- Assist studio team with maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment.
- Passion for video, photography and digital studio processes.
- Creative eye with a drive to constantly train and learn.
- Strong grasp of storytelling and objective oriented video production.
- Strong organizational skills and self-starter.
- Ability to take direction and give support.
- Solution focused.
- Not easily flustered in dynamic and high capacity work environment.
- Competent understanding of lighting theory, practices and scenarios.
- Above average understanding of DSLR, digital cinema cameras, lenses, and other lighting and audio recording technology and processes.
- Modestly skilled with set design, construction and styling.
- Thorough understanding of photography and production equipment including digital imaging cameras, lighting, audio systems, editing software, grip and other production enhancing tools.
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Up-beat, inquisitive and positive personality.
- Self-motivated and results driven with a strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborator who embraces working in team environment.
- Willing to take on occasional overtime work as needed.
- Work well under pressure and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic to learn new photography and video skills and techniques.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Have the ability to receive constructive criticism and seek input.
- Comfortable collaborating with others as well as working independently.
- Ability to constantly stay focused on achieving the best end results.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred in digital visual media or related field
- Mid-level understanding of digital workflow and project management for both photography and video production
- 2-3 years of experience in working production studio, either photography or video
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- Regularly use professional Canon DSLR cameras and lenses.
- Intermediate knowledge of Mac and PC computers, operating systems and related programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Workfront Project Management software
- Computer: iMac 27”, raid drives, external hard drives
- Blackmagic Designs Ursa Mini 4.6K digital cinema camera
- JVC HM150U High Definition Video Camera, GoPro camera
- Sennheiser G3 EW100 Wireless Mic Systems/Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Mic
- LED and fluorescent studio lighting along with light modifying instruments
- Grip equipment including stands, rigging, dollies, jibs and light modifiers
- Photography Lights: Broncolor Powerpacks and Lights and Alien Bees Mono lights