Associate Brand Manager – Tie-dye & Substrates
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE SR. BRAND MANAGER
The Associate Brand Manager for Tie-Dye & Substrates is responsible for managing and profitably growing the dye and substrate category. This position is responsible for creating & executing the product roadmap, developing pricing strategies, ensuring new item profitability, and creating promotional displays & programs aimed at building awareness and growing assigned categories.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Work with Sr. Brand Manager to help develop and execute the strategic direction for assigned product categories.
- Champion all activities that support product development and brand initiatives.
- Identify market research needs and implement new findings.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Partner with R&D to drive growth initiatives and product innovation.
- Introduce profitable, timely and successful new products.
- Collaborate with Creative to ensure product design, packaging and merchandising displays are delivered thoughtfully and completely.
- Manage brand presence across sales channels to strengthen visibility and maximize economies.
- Manage product financial information including customer costs, suggested retails, and pricing strategies.
- Assist in the preparation of customer presentations.
- Attend sales presentations, trade shows and other events as required.
- Partner with Associate Marketing Manager to develop marketing and promotional plans.
- Manage and drive continuous cost / performance improvements for existing product programs.
- Regularly monitor and communicate progress against objectives.
- Experience in consumer goods marketing and new product development.
- Ability to serve as the “voice of the consumer’ with a solid understanding of the crafts and/or DIY landscape.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to drive business objectives through a cross-functional team.
- Experience working with sourcing, supply chain managers and overseas manufacturers
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must be creative.
- Must be self-motivated and energetic.
- Must be responsible and accountable.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to accept and deliver instruction.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A college degree in Business Administration is required.
- Consumer packaged goods related experience plus 3-5 years of Marketing experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of the new product development process, consumer behavior, advertising, marketing research, retail management and merchandising, promotional practices and manufacturing operations is desirable.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Workfront Project Management Software.
- Portfolio Digital Assets Management System.
- FTP/Dropbox for file transfer.