REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Senior Brand Manager
The Brand Coordinator position is responsible for assisting the Senior Brand Manager in every aspect of the “5 Ps” of marketing (product, place, promotion, price and people) for product lines under the Tulip, Scribbles, and Puffy brands. Position will also assist with new product ideation, product development, sales, and other cross-functional tasks that ensure deadlines for each project are met.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Assist in the development of profitable new product ideas/line extensions and successfully execute them through the New Product Development process from concept to shipment.
- Act as a liaison between the Brand(s), sales, creative, purchasing, market research and R&D to make sure all departments are informed and all details are managed on an effective and timely basis.
- Assist with planograms, product listings and presentations for sales calls.
- Manage proofs, product samples, and mock-ups.
- Manage market trend data/subscriptions, and compile trend reports in support of new product development.
- Develop product merchandisers and in-store marketing materials.
- Help ensure that a consistent Brand message is communicated through packaging, advertising, promotion and our Website.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities and respond accordingly.
- Assist with product financial information including customer costs, suggested retails, and pricing strategies.
- Assist the Senior Brand Manager and Brand Management team as needed.
- Attend tradeshows and other company events as required.
- Must have a high degree of creativity to aid in creating products, packaging and the consumer message.
- Must have a strong ability to analyze data, gather pertinent information and apply it to product development.
- Must have an excellent eye for detail and be organized.
- Must be an excellent problem solver.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to understand pricing structures and financial information.
- Must exhibit an appropriate sense of urgency and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done in a timely manner.
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must be a team player
- Must be self-motivated and energetic
- Must be responsible and accountable
- Must work well under pressure and be flexible
- Must be able to accept instruction
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Marketing, Management or equivalent
- Work experience in a related industry is preferred
- Work experience in an sku-intensive industry is preferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS
- California Driver's License
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- MS Outlook
- MS Power Point
- MS Excel
- MS Word
Elementary: Team Orientation upon Hire