Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Distribution 2nd Shift Supervisor
To support the Distribution warehouse teams through effective management and organization of palletized product.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Completes job duties in alignment with Duncan’s Guiding Principles
- Load and unload products from trailers
- Deliver products to various areas in the warehouse in a safely and timely manner utilizing RF scanners
- Maintain forklift equipment by performing preventive maintenance checks pre and post shift
- Stage and palletize products to be wrapped for shipment
- Performing light Quality Control to ensure that products are being moved to the correct locations
- General Clean up and maintenance of your work area and equipment
- All other duties as assigned in support of the future growth and success of the business
- Ability to drive different styles of Fork Lifts: sit-down, stand-up, cherry picker and electric palled jack.
- Simple math and configuration skills
- Quick to analyze priorities and focus on emergent needs
- Safe loading of trucks and coordinating to staging areas
- Multi-task and change priorities, based on the needs of the business, effectively
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Can be flexible to accommodate change
- Puts safety first and practices good housekeeping
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 – 3 years of warehouse experience preferred
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENTWill be exposed to indoor manufacturing/distribution facilities as well as outside weather elements.
Must be forklift certified and aware of safe driving practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSMust be able to lift up to 40 pounds, or over 50 pounds with a team lift. Job requires 80% sitting and 20% standing and or walking.