Business Planner / Analyst - Mass Retail
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE SR. PLANNING & FORECASTING MANAGER
Drive replenishment business for Craft Accounts through analytical evaluation and business building recommendations; manage growth through optimal execution of replenishment. Control inventory levels for customer and Duncan through forecasting effectiveness. Communicate effectively to organization and customers to support business proposals.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Jointly accountable for bottom up/top down seasonal unit plan that meets budget expectation.
- Jointly responsible with National Sales Manager in projecting and delivering sales plan through replenishment business and additional seasonal opportunities.
- Plan and forecast ongoing replenishment based on historical buys, reoccurring buys, missed opportunities, and current inventory levels of customer base. Build, maintain, and regularly adjust as necessary in demand planning system.
- Continuously measure and improve forecasting accuracy and methods to support sales opportunities with optimal inventory. Utilize “Weekly Forecast Review” template to manage GRS forecast review requests.
- Prepare weekly Monday report with analysis and recommendations for action, root cause analysis on in stock opportunities.
- Prepare agenda for bi-weekly zoom calls. Recap and follow up on actionable items.
- Responsible for analytic data integrity.
- Work closely with National Sales Manager on seasonal feature strategies. Track pre-shipment activity for modular and feature orders, communicate exceptions to RM.
- Access customer Portal data to review item forecast, point of sale and seasonal data if available in order to suggest strategies which will increase our sales growth.
- Assist in determining end of life cycle for products within customer base. Establish exit strategies both internally and with customer to minimize excess inventory and markdown exposure.
- Manage SKU target replenishment metrics and item performance measurements for customer. Prepare ladder plans, review for exceptions, recap and recommend follow up for actionable items.
- Manage new item metrics and performance.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnership and communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external customers. Prepare for weekly internal shipping calendar, projection, OTIF meetings.
- Review OTIF for full understanding of exceptions. Continue to drive on time, in full delivery metrics to 95%. Oversee tracking and communication of customer orders, shipments, and fill rate.
- Oversee supplier performance metrics, and scorecard if applicable. Prepare inventory policy recommendations and templates as requested by RM. Prepare internal scorecard dashboard.
- Concise communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong collaboration skills both internal and external.
- Time management skills.
- Demonstrate financial acumen.
- Independent decision making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to influence other
- Confident in making inventory level judgments and decisions
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also work independently.
- Out of the box/forward thinking.
- Action driven.
- Solution driven.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to determine relevant information and draw sound conclusions.
- Smart risk taking spirit.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Establish personal credibility through character, professional expertise and data integrity.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Degree or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with replenishment/merchandising/supply chain systems.
- Retail/financial math proficient.
- Establish Plans – Utilize business strategies to develop realistic plans and drive to execution
- Excel proficient.
- Demonstrate financial acumen – understand what drives the bottom line.
- LX knowledge or ability to learn.
- Excel proficiency.
- Access basic knowledge.
- Outlook proficiency.
- Adaptability to customer portal systems.