Production Associate I
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Manufacturing Manager
The Production Associate is responsible for performing machine operator duties in cooperation with other
departmental team members to product production paint batches.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTSThe Production Associate may perform any of the following operations in rotation with other team members:
- Box/Product Orienter Operation: Once bottles are in box check for correct count and bottle position. Adjust as necessary.
- Bundler Operation: Load rolls of plastic wrap in bundler. Monitor bottles as they feed into bundler, correcting as necessary. Place bundled bottles in box.
- Box Coding Operation: Ensure that box code stencil is correct for product being run. Change stencil in machine if necessary.
- Capper Operation: Fill capper hopper with caps as needed. Monitor bottling line and remove bottles from line that have been filled incorrectly. Manually cap missed bottles and place back on line. Monitor capper and remove caps that become jammed or lodged.
- Bottle Coder Operation: Before beginning operation, ensure that code is correct for product being run. Change code if necessary. As bottles pass through coder, periodically check for clarity and position of print. Clean or adjust coder head as needed.
- Unscrambler Operation: Empty bottles onto conveyor feeding filler. Monitor machine to maintain bottles in upright position as they enter filler.
- Filler Operation: Periodically visually check level of paint in filler hopper. Monitor line to ensure that bottles are filled at correct level. Periodically rinse paint residue from hopper, and clean up paint spills as necessary.
- Labeler Operation: Load spool of labels into labeler. Adjust machine as necessary, and remove bottles of incorrectly applied labels as necessary.
- Packing Station Operation: Take filled jars from conveyor and place in boxes. Check for proper label and cap position. Push filled boxes into sealer.
- Palletizer Operation: Place packaged boxes from conveyor and place on pallet for storage.
- Able to drive lift trucks (i.e. pallet jack, forklift)
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Basic math skills for counting/palletizing finished products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCEPrior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably on a bottling line or other machine operator
High school diploma or the equivalent is desirable.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand walk, reach above/ below shoulder level,
Occasionally required to lift/carry/push up to 50 lbs., repetitively use both hands/arms/shoulders, forward bending/stooping and light grasping and fine dexterity of both hands.