Corporate Support - Accounting
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE VP of Finance, CFO
The Controller is responsible to develop and maintain accounting policies and processes for the company. This includes overseeing the processing and accuracy of all accounting records insuring timely and accurate management reporting and financial statements, adherence to adequate internal controls that effectively safeguard company assets, and effectively managing a well-trained team that is cross-trained and prepared to ensure timely delivery of all department responsibilities and supporting Business Unit and Departmental reporting and analytical needs. Additional duties include management of the year-end audits, tax returns and other reporting issues of the various Duncan entities.
In addition, as a Leadership Team member the Controller is responsible to support and promote the Company Vision, the High Performance Culture and the Strategic Objectives of the Company. We expect our Leadership Team to set an example by ‘walking the talk’ outlined in our Vision Statement’s Mission, Strategy and Guiding Principles.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the financial books, records, financial statements and management reports of Duncan Enterprises and all related entities.
- Oversee the annual (Independent) audits of Duncan Enterprises and all related entities.
- Supporting and promoting the Company Vision, Culture and Strategic Objectives.
- Oversee the timely filing of the various corporate, partnerships and benefit plans tax returns and all other reporting requirements.
- Effectively supporting Duncan Enterprises, all related entities and any individual shareholder tax planning or other activities as required.
- Support the annual planning process and publish the final plan.
- Ensure outstanding performance of the accounting staff thru leadership, supervision and training.
- Implement and maintain Accounting processes and controls that insure accurate and timely records and reporting of all business transactions.
- Implement and maintain adequate Internal Controls to insure the protection of company assets; financial, physical and information.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting and accounting processes
- Ability for written and oral communication
- Ability to meet deadlines while coordinating multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to work with and train individuals at different skill levels
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work well with other people
- Ability to work toward deadlines while keeping an even keel
- Ability to lead, teach and guide team members
- The ability to listen
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Accounting
- Significant experience in accounting; financial, managerial, taxes, benefit plan administration, regulations and requirements
- CPA or Master’s Degree is preferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA is preferred
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Infor Suite of software
- Turbo Tax or equivalent
- Infor Suite of software
- Accounting policies and processes specific to Duncan Enterprises
- Understanding Duncan Enterprises products and customers
- Tax and Planning specific to Duncan Enterprises, related entities and shareholders
- Further training in our Infor suite of software
- Further enhance the Tax, Planning and Accounting knowledge.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office setting.
- Office safety.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk. Ergonomic concerns are considered.